Netherfield CC originally played on Murley Moss before establishing the
current ground. The club played in the Village Combination until joining the
North Lancashire League in 1926, becoming champions in 1953. In 1959
Netherfield replaced Furness CC as members of the Northern League.
Until the late 1970s membership of the club was restricted to employees of
the K Shoes factory but since the membership was opened up the club have been
five times champions of the Northern League, in 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001 and 2008
and were division two champions in 1989.
They have won the League Twenty/20 Cup on three occasions in 2005, 2010 and
Since 1956 the Parkside Road ground has regularly hosted Cumberland CCC
Netherfield have won the Meageen Cumbrian Cup on 13 occasions since 1982,
the last in 2008.
From the north leave the M6 at Junction 37 and follow signs to Kendal. When
approaching the town turn left into Parkside Road. The ground is 400 yards on
the right. From the south leave the M6 at Junction 36 and follow the signs to
Kendal. At Kendal South sign, bear left and follow A6. Turn right at traffic
lights. Turn left at roundabout. Parkside Road is the third road on the right.
The ground is 400 yards on the left-hand side